The Chart of the Day belongs to Applied Optoelectronics (AAOI) a repeat that was highlighted back in January. I found the fiber optics stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list, first by the highest Weighted Alpha, then again by technical buy signals. Since the Trend Spotter signaled another buy on 8/12 the stock gained 31.75%.
Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. designs, develops and manufactures advanced optical devices, packaged optical components, optical subsystems, laser transmitters and fiber optic transceivers. The company's products are used in fiber optic communications equipment for FTTH, point-to-point telecom, datacom and access networks and systems supporting cable television, network infrastructure. Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. is headquartered in Sugar Land, Texas.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 69.97% in the month
- Relative Strength Index 80.04%
- Technical support level at 95.98
- Recently traded at 98.95 with a 50 day moving average of 71.44
- Market Cap $1.88 billion
- P/E 43.02
- Revenue expected to grow 78.70% in the next year, and another 21.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 260.40% this year, an additional 11.40% next year, and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 7 strong buy, 1 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock