Today's Chart of the Day is General Mills (GIS) and was found by sorting the Barchart New High list for frequency. 17 new highs and up 10.11% in the last month and a Trend Spotter buy since 1/4.
Today's Chart of the Day is General Mills (GIS) and was found by sorting Barchart's New High list for frequency. The stock hit 17 new highs and is up 10.11% for the month. The Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/4 and since that signal the stock is up 11.06%,
The Company is one of the leading producers of packaged consumer foods and markets its products primarily through its own sales organizations, supported by advertising and other promotional activities. Such products are primarily distributed directly to retail food chains, cooperatives, membership stores and wholesalers.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 10.11% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.97%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 45.52
- Recently traded at 46.39 with a 50 day moving average of 42.43
- Market Cap $29.93 billion
- P/E 17.33
- Dividend yield 2.85%
- Analysts issued 9 strong buy, 3 buy, and 5 hold recommendations
- Revenue projected to increase by 5.90% this year and another 4.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 4.20% this year, an additional 8.60% next year and continue to increase by 7.93% annually for the next 5 years
- Financial strength A+