The Chart of the Day belongs to Aetna (AET). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort the All Time High list for the best technical buy signals then used the Flipshart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend spotter signaled a buy on 11/10 the stock gained 23.89%.
Aetna Inc. is one of the nation's largest health benefits companies and one of the nation's largest insurance and financial services organizations. Aetna provides these benefits to employer and plan sponsor customers in all 50 states, ranging from large multisite national accounts to middle-market and small-employer groups. Its products include the full range of health insurance, including dental and pharmacy benefits, from HMO and POS to PPO and indemnity, as well as group insurance products such as life, disability and long-term care insurance.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 9 new highs and up 8.29% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 68.43%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 100.32
- Recently traded at 104.09 with a 50 day moving average of 95.50
- Market Cap $36.61 billion
- P/E 14.47
- Dividend yield 1.03%
- Revenue expected to grow 8.20% this year and another 7.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 7.20% this year, an additional 11.80% next year and continue to compound annually at a rate of 9.52% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy, 9 buy and 7 hold recommendations on the stock