The Chart of the Day belongs to Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG). I found the agricultural chemical stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the highest number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals above 80%. Then I used the Flipchart feature to review the stocks. Since the Trend spotter signaled a buy on 1/29 the stock gained 6.76%.
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, The Scotts Company LLC, is the world's largest marketer of branded consumer products for lawn and garden care, with products for professional horticulture as well. The Company's brands are the most recognized in the industry. In the U.S., the Company's Scotts, Miracle-Gro, Ortho and Smith & Hawken brands are market-leading in their categories, as is the consumer Roundup brand, which is marketed in North America and most of Europe exclusively by Scotts and owned by Monsanto. In the U.S. the Company operates Scotts LawnService0, the second largest residential lawn care service business. In Europe, the Company's brands include Weedol, Pathclear, Evergreen, Levington, Miracle-Gro, KB, Fertiligene and Substral. Its customers include home improvement centers, mass merchandisers, warehouse clubs, hardware chains, independent hardware stores, nurseries, food and drug stores, commercial nurseries and greenhouses, and specialty crop growers.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 13.04% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.18%
- Technical support level at 72.05
- Recently traded at 73.33 with a 50 day moving average of 66.56
- Market Cap $4.51 billion
- P/E 20.90
- Dividend yield 2.58%
- Revenue expected to grow .40% this year and another 2.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 10.50% this year, an additional 9.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 10.90% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 2 buy, 4 hold and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock