The Chart of the Day belongs to Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (RARE). I found the pharma stock by using Barchart o sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest Weighted Alpha then again for a technical buy signals above 80%, I reviewed the charts using the Flipchart feature. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/2 the stock gained 3.96%.
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc. is involved in the identification, acquisition, development and commercialization of products for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare diseases, with an initial focus on serious, debilitating metabolic genetic diseases. The Company's product pipeline include KRN23 (UX023) for the treatment of XLH, rhGUS (UX003) for the treatment of MPS 7, rhPPCA (UX004) for the treatment of galactosialidosis, Triheptanoin (UX007) for the treatment of LC-FAOD, Triheptanoin (UX007) for the treatment of Glut1 DS and SA-ER (UX001) for the treatment of HIBM which are in different clinical phases. Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc. is headquartered in Novato, California.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 9 new highs and up 20.11% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 62.21%
- Technical support level at 110.22
- Recently traded at 114.35 with a 50 day moving average of 100.38
- Market Cap $4.42 billion
- Earnings estimated to decline 62.20% this year and another 27.90% next year
- Despite these projections Wall Street analysts issued 7 strong buy, 1 buy and 1 hold recommendation
- On Motley Fool the individual investors following the stock voted 31 to 2 that the stock will beat the market
- On the same site the more experienced All Stars vote 10 to 0 for the same result