The Chart of the Day belongs to D R Horton (DHI). I found the home builder stock by using Barchart to sort today's 52 Week High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/12 the stock gained 27.53%.
D.R. Horton, Inc., one of the largest homebuilders in the United States, builds high quality, single-family homes designed principally for the entry-level and move-up markets. Founded in 1978, the company builds and sells homes with a geographic presence in the Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Southwest, and Western regions of the United States. The company also provides mortgage financing and title services.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter by signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 16.00% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 89.61%
- Technical support level at 47.30
- Recently traded at 48.13 with a 50 day moving average of 41.76
- Market Cap $17.82 billion
- P/E 17.41
- Dividend yield .84%
- Revenue expected to grow 13.90% this year and another 12.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 15.50% this year, an additional 13.40% next yer and continue to compound at an annual rate of 14.44% for the next 5 years