The Chart of the Day is Constellation Brands (STZ). I found the company by sorting the All Time High list for new high frequency in the last month. I skipped any stocks not having a positive gain for the last week and month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend spotter signaled a buy on 1/8 the stock is up 9.58%.
STZ is a leading international producer and marketer of beverage alcohol brands, with a broad portfolio across the wine, spirits and imported beer categories. The Company is the largest multi-category supplier of beverage alcohol in the United States; a leading producer and exporter of wine from Australia and New Zealand; and both a major producer and independent drinks wholesaler in the United Kingdom. Well-known brands in Constellation's portfolio include: Corona Extra, Pacifico, St. Pauli Girl, Black Velvet, and Fleischmann's.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 8.93% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.19%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 82.78%
- Recently traded at 83.95 with a 50 day moving average of 77.86
- Market Cap $15.90 billion
- P/E 28.81
- Revenue projected to grow 74.00% this year and another 22.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 45.70% this year, an additional 23.80% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 14.80% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy, 4 buy, 2 hold and 2 under perform recommendations on the stock
- Financial strength is B+