The Chart of the Day belongs to Popular Inc (BPOP). I found the Puerto Rican bank stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/1 the stock gained 17.93%.
Popular, Inc. is a diversified, publicly owned bank holding company. The corporation's principal subsidiary, Banco Popular de Puerto Rico, has one of the largest retail franchise in Puerto Rico, operating numerous branches and automated teller machines. The Bank also operates branches in the U.S. Virgin Islands, the British Virgin Islands, and New York.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 20 new highs and up 29.68% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 83.24%
- Technical support level at 33.71
- Recently traded at 36.32 with a 50 day moving average of 30.69
- Market Cap $3.77 billion
- P/E 9.76
- Dividend yield 1.76%
- Revenue expected to grow 2.10% this year and another 4.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 2.90 next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 5.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock