The Chart of the Day belongs to Symetra Financial (SYA). I found the stock by sorting the New High list for frequency in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 5/27 the stock is up 11.00%.
SYA is a diversified financial services company based in Bellevue, Wash. The Company offers an array of employee benefits, annuities and life insurance products through four operating segments: Group, Retirement Services, Income Annuities and Individual. Group includes medical stop-loss insurance, limited medical benefit plans, and group life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance and disability income insurance to employer groups. Retirement Services include fixed and variable deferred annuities, including tax-sheltered annuities, individual retirement accounts and group annuities to qualified 401(k), 403(b) and 457 retirement plans. Income Annuities include single-premium immediate annuities, single-premium deferred-payout annuities, and structured settlement annuities to fund third-party personal injury settlements. Individual includes term, universal and variable life insurance, as well as bank-owned life insurance.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 14.70% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.00%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 22.65
- Recently traded at 23.10 with a 50 day moving average of 20.92
- Market Cap $ 2.72 billion
- P/E 12.50
- Dividend yield 1.79%
- Revenue projected to grow 1.30% this year and another 4.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 18.90% this year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 9.40% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 hold and 3 under perform recommendations on the stock