The Chart of the Day belongs to Morningstar (MORN). I found the investment research stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first by the number of new highs in the last month, Then again for the best technical buy signals. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 2/26 the stock gained 9.15%.
Morningstar, Inc. is a leading provider of investment research in the United States and in major international markets. The company offers an extensive line of Internet, software, and print-based products and services for individuals, financial advisors, and institutional clients.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 972% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.96%
- Technical support level at 84.91
- Recently traded at 87.33 with a 50 day moving average of 79.70
- Market Cap $3.86 billion
- P/E 28.39
- Dividend yield 1.03%
- Revenue expected to grow 3.00% this year and another 5.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 5.00% this year, an additional 10.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 16.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts usually don;t rate each other but Keefe Bruyette rate the stock a hold