The Chart of the Day belongs to Exelixis (EXEL). I found the biopharmaceutical stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest Weighted Alpha then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/27 the stock gained 8.05%.
Exelixis, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company committed to developing small molecule therapies for the treatment of cancer. Exelixis is focusing its development and commercialization efforts primarily on COMETRIQ' (cabozantinib), its wholly-owned inhibitor of multiple receptor tyrosine kinases. Another Exelixis-discovered compound, cobimetinib, a selective inhibitor of MEK, is being evaluated by Roche and Genentech (a member of the Roche Group) in a broad development program under a collaboration with Exelixis.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- 219.00+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 4 new highs and up 15.01% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.52%
- Bar hart computes a technical support level at 5.97
- Recently traded at 6.51 with a 50 day moving average of 5.59
- Market Cap $1.45 billion
- Revenue projected to grow 41.30% this year and another 130.90% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase 41.30% this year and an additional 11.10% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors on Motley Fool voted 2,482 to 97 that the stock will beat the market