The Chart of the Day belongs to Royal Bank of Canada (RY). I found the stock by sorting today's New High list for new high frequency in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/29 the stock gained 11.69%.
Royal Bank of Canada (RY) operates under the master brand name of RBC. It is Canada's largest bank as measured by assets and market capitalization, and one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. It provides personal and commercial banking, wealth management services, insurance, corporate and investment banking, and transaction processing services on a global basis. They have approximately Seventy Thousand full- and part-time employees who serve more than 15 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 36 other countries.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 6.88% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.43%
- Barchart computes a technical support level
- Recently traded at 74..22 with a 50 day moving average of 69.96
- Market Cap $107..05 billion
- P/E 13.83
- Dividend yield 3.47%
- Revenue expected to grow 4.60% in this year and another 4.90% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase 10.90% this year, an additional 8.50% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 8.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 3 buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock