Value Line Index -- Contains 1700 stocks so it's broader than the S&P 500 or very narrow Dow 30 -- Nice upward price momentum
- Barchart 80% buy signal
- New highs in 11 of the last 20 session
- Up 2.58% for the week
- Up 11.36% for the last month
- 14 day Relative Strength Index is 63.56% and rising
- Closed Friday at 2487.87 above its 50 day moving average of 2362.65
- Friday over 81.68% closed above their 20 DMA, over 80.49% closed above their 50 DMA, over 74.39% closed above their 100 DMA
- Last week over 78.97% closed above their 20 DMA. over 72.86% closed above their 50 DMA, over 66.78% closed above their 100 DMA
- Last month only 26.50% closed above their 20 DMA, only 41.52% closed above their 50 DMA, only 38.32% closed above their 100 DMA
- 1 month new highs/new lows -- 1199/109 = 11.00
- 3 month new highs/new lows -- 629/55 = 11.44
- 6 month new highs/new lows -- 321/42 = 7.64
Jim Van Meerten is an advisor to Marketocracy Capital Management who uses his model portfolios not only to manage their mutual funds but also their clients Separately Managed Accounts. You can read his blogs about those model portfolios and investing here and on Barchart Portfolio Blogs. Please leave a comment below or email JimVanMeerten@gmail.com.
Disclosure: Jim Van Meerten through Marketocracy Capital Management has an interest in the stocks mentioned in this blog.