The Chart of the Day belongs to Amazon.Com (AMZN). I found the Internet commerce stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for a Weighted Alpha of 50.00 or higher then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/5 the stock gained 4.98%.
Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they may want to buy online. The company lists unique items in categories such as books, music, DVDs, videos, consumer electronics, toys, camera and photo items, software, computer and video games, tools and hardware, lawn and patio items, kitchen products, and wireless products.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- 98.64+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 6 new highs and up 8.22% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 66.03%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 541.48
- Recently traded at 570.76 with a 50 day moving average of 524.42
- Market Cap $266.96 billion
- Revenue expected to increase 19.10% this year and another 19.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 409.60% this year, an additional 201.90% next year, and continue to increase annually at a rate of 35.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 14 strong buy, 23 buy and 6 hold recommendations