The Chart of the Day belongs Kemet (KEM). I found the capacitor manufacturer by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first by the highest Weighted Alpha, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 7/11 the stock gained 20.45%.
Kemet Corporation and its subsidiaries is the world's largest manufacturer of solid tantalum capacitors and and one of the world's largest manufacturer of multilayer ceramic capacitors. According to industry sources, tantalum and ceramic capacitors are the two fastest growing sectors of the United States capacitor industry. Capacitors are electronic components that store, filter and regulate electrical energy and current flow and are one of the essential passive components used on circuit boards.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter by signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 39.20% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 67.21%
- Technical support level at 16.44
- Recently traded at 17.61 with a 50 day moving average of 14.72
- Market Cap $802 million
- P/E 25.71
- Revenue expected to grow 53.30% this year and another 3.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 265.10% this year, an additional 4.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 12.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock