The Chart of the Day belongs to Spark Energy (SPKE). I found the energy services stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks for the highest number of new highs in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 9/17 the stock gained 12.18%.
Spark Energy, Inc. is an independent retail energy services company. It provides residential and commercial customers across the United States with an alternative choice for their natural gas and electricity. The company is involved in the retail distribution of natural gas and electricity. It also offers renewable and carbon neutral products. Spark Energy, Inc. is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 12.72% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 64.87%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 17.64
- Recently traded at 18.69 with a 50 day moving average of 17.00
- Market Cap $258.86 million
- P/E 8.29
- Dividend yield 7.60%
- Revenue expected to grow 11.90% this year and another 9.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 7.40% this year
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 1 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock