The Chart of the Day belongs to America Financial Group (AFG). I found the insurance and annuity stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 11/18 the stock gained 12.55%.
American Financial Group is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged primarily in private passenger automobile and specialty property and casualty insurance businesses and in the sale of tax-deferred annuities and certain life and supplemental health insurance products.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 11.35% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.09%
- Technical support level at 84.46
- Recently traded at 86.01 with a 50 day moving average of 78.20
- Market Cap $7.361 billion
- P/E 15.24
- Dividend yield 1.47%
- Revenue expected to grow 2.60% this y year and another 6.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 4.20% this year, 4.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 8.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock