The Chart of the Day belongs to Validus Holdings (VR). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for the best Barchart technical buy signals then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/26 the stock gained 4.09%.
Validus Holdings, Ltd., through its principal operating subsidiary Validus Reinsurance, Ltd., is a global provider of short-tail lines of reinsurance including property catastrophe, property pro-rata and property per risk, marine and energy, and other specialty lines. Validus was formed in December following the significant natural catastrophes of 2005 with an experienced management team and an unencumbered capital base of approximately $ 1 billion.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 6 new highs and up 3.26% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 71.00%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 40.97
- Recently traded at 41.20 with a 50 day moving average of 39.58
- Market Cap $3.75 billion
- P/E 8.77
- Dividend yield 2.93%
- Revenue expected to decrease this year by 6.20% but grow again next year by 7.60%
- Earnings are predicted to shrink 8.40% this year and shrink again next year by another 1.40% but to increase and compound at an annual rate of 4.68% over the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 5 buy and 4 hold recommendation on the stock