Value Line Index -- Contains 1700 stocks so its broader than the S&P 500 or the very narrow Dow 30 -- Upward trend this week
- 96% Barcahrt technical buy signal
- Up in 12 of the last 20 sessions
- Up 1.79% for the week, Up 8.40% for the month
- 14 day Relativee Strength Index at 66.89% and rising
- Friday over 79.98% closed above their 20 DMA, over 84.90% closed above their 50 DMA, over 82.18% closed above their 100 DMA
- Last week over 79.79% closed above their 20 DMA, over 82.27% closed above their 50 DMA, over 78.14% closed above their 100 DMA
- Last month over 77.74% closed above their 20 DMA, over 82.27% closed above their 50 DMA, over 58.85% closed above their 100 DMA
- 1 month new highs/new lows -- 1233/137 = 9.00
- 3 month new highs/new lows -- 812/45 = 18.04
- 6 month new highs/new lows -- 378/34 = 11.12
Jim Van Meerten is an advisor to Marketocracy Capital Management who uses his model portfolios not only to manage their mutual funds but also their clients Separately Managed Accounts. You can read his blogs about those model portfolios and investing here and on Barchart Portfolio Blogs. Please leave a comment below or email JimVanMeerten@gmail.com.
Disclosure: Jim Van Meerten through Marketocracy Capital Management has an interest in the stocks mentioned in this blog.