Please use caution on today's chart. The Chart of the Day is Actions Semiconductor (ACTS) a Chinese ADR for a fabless semiconductor stock. I found the stock by sorting the New High List for frequency in the last month and this one was right near the top of the list. Since the Trend spotter signaled a buy on 11/8 the stock is up 18.11%.
Actions Semiconductor is a fabless semiconductor company located in Zhuhai, China, providing system-on-a-chip products and total solutions for the design, development and manufacture of personal media or MP3 players.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators;
- 88% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 18.58% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 85.88%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 2.85
- Recently traded at 3.00 with a 50 day moving average of 2.56
- Market Cap $205.47
- P/E 144.00
- Only 1 analysts follows the stock and he estimates earnings could increase 25.00% annually for the next 5 years but makes no recommendation
- On Motley Fool the readers voted 467 to 24 that the stock will beat the market
- It might be noted that the Fool's who made the most money trading this stock were those who sold short earlier in the year.