The Chart of the Day is Abbot Laboratories (ABT). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for new high frequency in the last month, skipped the stocks that didn't have positive gains in the last week and month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/13 the stock is up 2.74%.
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. They have a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 72% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 9.40% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.24%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 39.15
- Recently traded at 39.78 with a 50 day moving average of 38.19
- Market Cap $61.51 billion
- P/E 19.60
- Dividend yield 2.23%
- Revenue expected to grow 3.40% this year and another 5.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 9.50% this year, an additional 12.30% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 11.70% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 8 buy, 11 hold and a sell recommendation on the stock
- Financial Strength is A++