The Chart of the Day belongs to Novanta (NOVT). I found the electronic equipment by using Barchart to sort today's Top Stocks to Own list, first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month and then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/20 the stock gained 18.98%.
Novanta Inc. designs, develops, manufactures and sells precision photonic and motion control components and subsystems to original equipment manufacturers in the medical equipment and advanced industrial technology markets. Novanta Inc., formerly known as GSI Group Inc., is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 22.10% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 80.12%
- Technical support level at 32.13
- Recently traded at 32.55 with a 50 day moving average of 28.04
- Market Cap $1.13 billion
- P/E 26.52
- Revenue expected to grow 15.30% this year and another 6.30% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase 19.30% this year, an additional 23.10% next year and compound at an annual rate of 12.50% for the next 5 years
- The analysts following the stock rates it a strong buy