The Chart of the Day belongs to Shenandoah Telecommunications (SHEN). I found the telephone communications stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest Weighted Alpha then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/4 the stock gained 21.80%.
Shenandoah Telecommunications Company is a holding company which provides a broad range of telecommunications services through its operating subsidiaries. The Company's operating subsidiaries provide local telephone, cable, Internet access, interexchange facilities, cellular and PCS services, along with many other associated services.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- 70.66% Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 14.80% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 63.41
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 41.72
- Recently traded at 42.97 with a 50 day moving average of 38.30
- Market Cap $ 1.04 billion
- P/E 28.40
- Dividend yield 1.08%
- Revenue expected to grow 5.70% this year and another 85.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 18.70% this year and continue to increase an an annual compounded rate of 27.22% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 2 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock