The Chart of the Day belongs to Westar Energy (WR). I found the stock by sorting today's New High list for new high frequency in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 5/2 the stock gained 4.63%.
Westar Energy, Inc. is Kansas' largest electric utility. Westar has 7,200 MW of electric generation capacity fueled by coal, uranium, natural gas, wind and landfill gas. They are a leader in electric transmission in Kansas. Their innovative customer service programs include mobile-enabled customer care, digital meters and paving the way for electric vehicle adoption.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 5.72% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.69%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 36.0
- Recently traded at 37.49 wit a 50 day moving average of 35.88
- Market Cap $4.3 billion
- P/E 15.48
- Dividend yield 3.77%
- Revenue predicted to row 5.90% this year and another 2.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 3.90% this year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 2.90% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buys, 2 buys, 6 holds and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock