The Chart of the Day belongs to Intuitive Surgical (ISRG). I found the surgical appliance stock by using Barchart's new 52 week high list and sorting for technical buy signals. I then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/14 the stock gained 1.54%.
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. designs and manufactures the da Vinci Surgical System. The da Vinci Surgical System seamlessly translates the surgeon's natural hand movements on instrument controls at a console into corresponding micromovements of instruments positioned inside the patient through small puncture incisions, or ports. The products provide the surgeon with the range of motion and fine tissue control previously possible only with open surgery, while simultaneously allowing the surgeon to work through small ports.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 7 new highs and up 4.18% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 68.03%
- Technical support level at 534.11
- Recently traded at 566.11 with a 50 day moving average of 530.90
- Market Cap $20.96 billion
- P/E 36.27
- Revenue expected to grow 8.90% this year and another 10.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 5.00% this year, 12.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 14.07% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 9 strong buy, 6 buy and 5 hold recommendations on the stock