The Chart of the Day belongs to Copart (CPRT). I found the auto salvage stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the highest technical buy signals, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/17 the stock gained 11.08%.
Copart, Inc. provides vehicle suppliers, primarily insurance companies, with a full range of services to process and sell salvage vehicles through auctions, principally to licensed dismantlers, rebuilders and used vehicle dealers. Salvage vehicles are either damaged vehicles deemed a total loss for insurance or business purposes or are recovered stolen vehicles for which an insurance settlement with the vehicle owner has already been made.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 10 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 20.28% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 72.88%
- Technical support level at 38.03
- Recently traded at 39.91 with a 50 day moving average of 35.83
- Market Cap $4.80 billion
- P/E 22.41
- Revenue expected to grow 5.30% this year and another 5.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 17.70% this year, an additional 1190% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 12.85% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 1 buy, 2 hold and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock