The Chart of the Day belongs to Square (SQ). I found the payment processing stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest Weighted Alpha, then I used the FlipChart feature to find stocks trading above their 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/23 the stock gained 41.05%.
Square, Inc. offers financial services and marketing services. The Company provides payments and point-of-sale which include hardware and software to accept payments, streamline operations and analyze business information. Its payments and POS services include In-Person Payments, Online Payments, Square Cash, Square Register, Square Analytics, Square Appointments and Square App Marketplace. The Company's financial services include Square Capital and Square Payroll. Square, Inc. is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 64% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 21.55% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 64.58%
- Technical support level at 23.47
- Recently traded at 24.19 with a 50 day moving average of 20.68
- Market Cap $5.49 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 25.30% this year and another 27.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 62.00% this year, an additional 78.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 20.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 11 strong buy, 2 buy and 10 hold recommendations on the stock