The Chart of the Day belongs to RTI Surgical (RTIX). I found the medical implant stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month and then again by technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/14 the stock gained 69.57%.
RTI Surgical Inc. is a surgical implant company. Its implants are used in sports medicine, general surgery, spine, orthopedic, trauma and cardiothoracic procedures. RTI Surgical Inc., formerly known as RTI Biologics, Inc., is headquartered in Alachua, Fla.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 19 new highs and up 14.71% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.93%
- Technical support level at 5.66
- Recently traded at 5.85 with a 50 day moving average of 4.88
- Market Cap $331 million
- P/E 560
- Revenue expected to grow 3.10% this year and another 4.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 100.00% this year, an additional 87.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 hold recommendations on the stock