The Chart of the Day belongs to Main Street Capital (MAIN). I found the business development stock by using Barchart to sort today's Top Stocks to Own list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month. then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/15 the stock gained 7.45%.
Main Street Capital Corporation is a specialty investment company providing customized financing solutions to lower middle market companies which operate in diverse industry sectors. Main Street seeks to partner with entrepreneurs, business owners and management teams and generally provides `one stop` financing alternatives to its portfolio companies.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 7.10% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.11%
- Technical support level at 40.06
- Recently traded at 40.28 with a 50 day moving average of 37.94
- Market Cap $2.23 billion
- P/E 17.68
- Dividend yield 5.56%
- Revenue expected to grow 10.80% this year and another 10.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 3.10% this year, an additional 2.20% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 7.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 buy and 6 hold recommendations on the stock