The Chart of the Day belongs to Aflac (AFL). I found the health & life insurance stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/14 the stock gained 5.41%.
AFLAC Inc. is a general business holding company and acts as a management company, overseeing the operations of its subsidiaries by providing management services and making capital available. Its primary business is supplemental health and life insurance, which is marketed and administered primarily through its subsidiary, American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 3.55% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.55%
- Technical support level at 74.14%
- Recently traded at 74.88 with a 50 day moving average of 72.64
- Market Cap $30.04 billion
- P/E 11.14
- Dividend yield 2.29%
- Revenue expected to decrease slightly for the this year and the next
- Earnings estimated to increase 4.80% next year and compound at an annual rate of 6.70% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 11 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock