Ballard Power Systems (BLDP) is the Barchart Chart of the Day. The fuel cell company has a Trend Spotter buy signal, a Weighted Alpha of 104.74 and gained 110.45% in the last year.
The Chart of the Day belongs to Ballard Power Systems (BLDP). I found the fuel cell stock by using Barchart to sort the Top Stocks to Own list first for the highest technical buy signals, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/17 the stock gained 47.64%.
Ballard Power Systems focuses on developing and bringing to market PEM fuel cell systems for transportation, stationary, and portable applications. Ballard now offers key subsystems and components that are based on technology developed in support of Ballard fuel cell products. Their focus is on further enhancing product performance, reducing costs, designing market-viable products, developing additional volume-manufacturing capabilities, and continuing to build customer and supplier relationships.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 37.56% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 80.74%
- Technical support level at 2.62
- Recently traded at 2.83 with a 50 day moving average of 2.13
- Market Cap $483 million
- Revenue expected to grow 27.50% this year and another 21.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 61.50% this year and an additional 60.00% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock