The Chart of the Day is Edison International (EIX). I found the international utility stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/20 the stock gained 11.65%.
Edison International is an international electric power generator, distributor and structured finance provider. Edison International is one of the industry leaders in privatized, deregulated and incentive-regulated markets and power generation. It is the parent company of Edison Mission Energy, Southern California Edison, Edison Capita, Edison Enterprises and Edison O&M Services.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 10.77% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.35%
- Technical support level at 78.56
- Recently traded at 80.34 with a 50 day moving average of 73.63
- Market Cap $25.8 billion
- P/E 20.19
- Dividend yield 2.72%
- Revenue expected to grow 3.70% this year and another 2.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 3.80% this year, an additional 4.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 5.70% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock