The Chart of the Day is a repeat because it continues to hit new All Time Highs. Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) came up on my screen again when I used Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/11 the stock gained 8.24%.
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. designs and manufactures the da Vinci Surgical System. The da Vinci Surgical System seamlessly translates the surgeon's natural hand movements on instrument controls at a console into corresponding micromovements of instruments positioned inside the patient through small puncture incisions, or ports. The products provide the surgeon with the range of motion and fine tissue control previously possible only with open surgery, while simultaneously allowing the surgeon to work through small ports.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 6.18% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.41%
- Technical support level at 731.43
- Recently traded at 734.03 with a 50 day moving average of 676.01
- Market Cap $28.6 billion
- P/E 38.26
- Revenue expected to grow 9.50% this year and another 9.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 5.10% this year, an additional 12.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 11.82% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 11 buy, 5 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock