The Chart of the Day belongs to Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B). I found the diversified holding stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 2/13 the stock gained 6.91%.
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. is a holding company owning subsidiaries engaged in a number of diverse business activities. The most important of these is the property and casualty insurance business conducted nationwide on a direct basis and worldwide on a reinsurance basis through a number of subsidiaries collectively referred to as the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 8.40% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 86.77%
- Technical support level at 170.55
- Recently traded at 177.21 with a 50 day moving average of 164.73
- Market Cap $422.7 billion
- P/E 23.90
- Revenue expected to grow 3.20% this year and 4.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 11.40% this year, 10.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 8.80% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy recommendations on the stock