The Chart of the Day belongs to Banco Santander - Chile (BSAC). I found the Chilean bank stock by using Barchart to sort today's Top Stocks to Own list, first for the most frequent new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/1 the stock gained 12.36%.
Banco Santiago is the largest bank in Chile, in terms of assets with Ch$4,088 billion (approximately US$9.86 billion ) as of March 31, 1997. The bank is the result of the merger of two of the largest institutions in the Chilean banking system, Banco O'Higgins S.A., mainly a corporate bank, and Banco de Santiago S.A., mainly focused in consumer and middle-market lending.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signals
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 15.79% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.23%
- Technical support level at 24.97
- Recently traded at 25.45 with a 50 day moving average of 22.67
- Market Cap $11.99 billion
- P/E 16.49
- Dividend yield 3.48%
- Revenue expected to grow 9.90% this year and another 8.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 13.90% this year, 8.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 5.30% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 buy, 6 hold and 1 under perform recommendations on the stock