The Chart of the Day is Coherent (COHR). I found the analytical instrument stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first by the highest Weighted Alpha, then again by technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 11/4 the stock gained 24.72%.
Coherent designs, manufactures, and supplies electro-optical systems and medical instruments utilizing laser, precision optic and microelectronic technologies. Co. integrates these technologies into a wide variety of products and systems designed to meet the productivity and performance needs of customers. Major markets include the scientific research community; medical institutions, clinics and private practices; lasers also support commercial applications, ranging from semiconductors and disk mastering to light shows and entertainment.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 8.32% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 64.63%
- Technical support level at 136.89
- Recently traded at 144.27 with a 50 day moving average of 128.58
- Market Cap $3.4 billion
- P/E 33.37
- Revenue expected to grow 72.70% this year and another 12.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 67.80$ this year, an additional 21.80% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 12.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 buy recommendations on the stock