The Chart of the Day belongs to Universal Insurance (UVE). I found the P&C insurance stock by using Barchart to sort today's New High List first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/12 the stock gained 23.46%.
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc., through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company (UPCIC), is currently engaged in insurance underwriting, distribution and claims. UPCIC generates revenue from the collection and investment of premiums. The Company's agency operations which include Universal Florida Insurance Agency and U.S. Insurance Solutions, Inc. generate income from policy fees, commissions, premium financing referral fees and the marketing of ancillary services.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 19 new highs and up 12.66% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.79%
- Technical support level at 23.23
- Recently traded at 24.21 with a 50 day moving average of 20.99
- Market Cap $855.34 million
- P/E 7.43
- Dividend yield 2.28%
- Revenue expected to grow 24.20% this year and another 8.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 3.40% this year and an additional 5.90% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 buy recommendation on the stock