The Chart of the Day belongs to Ascent Capital Group (ASCMA). I found the security and alarm stock by using Barchart to sort today's New High list first for the most frequent new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/3 the stock gained 39.98%.
Ascent Capital Group, Inc. is a holding company and its assets primarily consist of its wholly-owned subsidiary, Monitronics International, Inc. The Company provides security alarm monitoring and related services to residential and business subscribers throughout the United States and parts of Canada. Monitronics monitors signals arising from burglaries, fires and other events through security systems at subscribers' premises. Ascent Capital Group, Inc., formerly known as Ascent Media Corporation, is based in Englewood, Colorado.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 45.65% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.25%
- Technical support level at 23.83
- Recently traded at 24.85 with a 50 day moving average of 18.13
- Market Cap $306.03 million
- Revenue expected to grow 2.40% this year and another 2.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 26.70% this year, an additional 19.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.06% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 hold recommendations on the stock