The Chart of the Day belongs to SouthWest Gas (SWX). I found the gas utility stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Next I reviewed the charts for consistency using the Flipchart feature.
SouthWest Gas is principally engaged in the business of purchasing,transporting, and distributing natural gas in portions of Arizona, Nevada,and California. The Company also engaged in financial services activities,through PriMerit Bank, Federal Savings Bank (PriMerit or the Bank), a wholly owned subsidiary.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 9.42% in the last year
- Relative Strength Index 70.06%
- Technical support level at 73.12
- Recenlty traded at 74.45 with a 50 day moving average of 68.53
- Market Cap $3.53 billion
- P/E 25.25
- Dividend yield 2.41%
- Revenue expected to grow 2.30% for this year and another 3.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 7.70% this year, an additional 7.50% next yer and continue to compound at an annual rate of 4.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 1 buy and 5 hold recommendations on the stock