The Chart of the Day belongs to Connecticut Water Service (CWTS). I found the water supply stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency.
Connecticut Water Service, Inc., is a non-operating holding company whose income comes solely from its subsidiaries. The core business is water service to people throughout towns in Connecticut and Massachusetts.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 12.25% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 63.82%
- Technical support level at 51.40
- Recently traded at 52.59 with a 50 day moving average of 48.69
- Market Cap $589.53 million
- P/E 25.70
- Dividend yield 2.16%
- Revenue expected to grow 4.20% this year and another 7.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to be down .50% this year but increase again by 12.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 5.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts have 2 hold reports in place.