The Chart of the Day belongs to L-3 Communications (LLL). I found the electronic stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the chart for consistency. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/9 the stock gained 13.03%.
L-3 Communications Holdings is a merchant supplier of sophisticated secure communication systems and specialized communication products. They produce secure, high data rate communication systems, microwave components, avionics and ocean systems and telemetry, instrumentation and space products. L-3's systems and specialized products are used to connect a variety of airborne, space, ground-and sea-based communication systems and are used in the transmission, processing, recording, monitoring and dissemination functions of these communication systems.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 12.65% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 85.57%
- Technical support level at 131.61
- Recently traded at 113.54 with a 50 day moving average of 120.55
- Market Cap $10.47 billion
- P/E 16.90
- Dividend yield 2.14%
- Revenue expected to be down 3.50% this year but up again by 1.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 11.60% this year, an additional 10.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 6.34% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 2 buy and 8 hold recommendations on the stock