The Barchart Chart of the Day is IDEXX Laboratories (IDXX). I found the medical instruments stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/2 the stock gained 24.95%
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a world leader in providing diagnostic, detection, and information products to the animal health industry as well as quality assurance products and services to the food and water industries.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 7.01% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.56%
- Technical support level at 83.94
- Recently traded at 84.83 with a 50 day moving average of 78.24
- Market Cap $7.60 billion
- P/E 39.60
- Revenue expected to grow 8.50% this year and another 7.70% next year
- Earning estimated to increase 4.70% this year and an additional 12.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 13.04% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 1 buy, 4 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock