The Chart of the Day belongs to Vista Outdoor (VSTO). I found the outdoor sporting goods manufacturer by using Barchart to sort the All Time High list first for the highest technical buy signals then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/22 the stock gained 16.25%.
Vista Outdoor Inc. develops, manufacture and distribute optics, accessories and eyewear. The Company operates in two segments: Shooting Sports and Outdoor Products. Its product consist of binoculars, laser rangefinders, riflescopes, trail cameras, archery accessories, blinds, decoys, game calls, gun care products, mounts, powder, reloading equipment, targets, target systems, safety and protective eyewear, fashion and sports eyewear. The company's product portfolio include Bushnell(R), Primos(R), Boll'(R), Serengeti(R), C'b', RCBS(R), Hoppe's(R), Uncle Mike's(R), Gold Tip(R), Weaver(R) and Tasco(R). Vista Outdoor Inc. is headquartered in Utah.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 12.49% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 75.30%
- Technical support level at 49.26
- Recently traded at 52.87 with a 50 day moving average of 46.61
- Market Cap $3.29 billion
- P/E 21.62
- Revenue is expected to grow 7.90% this year and another 11.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 4.70% this year, an additional 13.80% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 3.20% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 2 buy and 3 hold recommendation on the stock