The Chart of the Day is AT&T (T). I found the telephone communications stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks for the highest technical buy signals , then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/22 the stock gained 7.11%.
AT&T Inc. is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world's most advanced IP-based business communications services, the nation's fastest 3G network and the best wireless coverage worldwide, and the nation's leading high speed Internet access and voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. As part of their three-screen integration strategy, AT&T operating companies are expanding their TV entertainment offerings.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 7 new highs and up 4.38% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.95%
- Technical support level at 36.95
- Recently traded at 37.65 with a 50 day moving average of 35.50
- Market Cap $231.62 billion
- P/E 13.74
- Dividend yield 5.20%
- Revenue expected to grow 14.30% this year and another 1.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 5.20% this year, an additional 4.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 5.10% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 9 strong buy, 4 buy, 14 hold, 2 under perform and 1 sell recommendation on the stock