The Chart of the Day belongs to Vectren Corp (VVC). I found the utility stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the highest number of new highs in the last month then again for technical buy signals over 80%. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/1 the stock gained 16.79%.
Vectren Corp., through its regulated subsidiaries Indiana Gas and SIGECO, offers gas and/or electricity to customers in adjoining service areas that cover nearly two-thirds of Indiana. Vectren's non-regulated subsidiaries currently offer energy-related products and services, including energy marketing, fiber-optic based communication services, and utility related services including materials management, debt collections, locating, meter reading and trenching services to customers throughout the surrounding region.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 11.51% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 78.07%
- Technical support at 48.25
- Recently traded at 49.85 with a 50 day moving average of 44.35
- Market Cap $4.12 billion
- P/E 20.58
- Dividend yield 3.25%
- Revenue expected to grow 7.30% this year and another 4.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 5.40% this year, an additional 7.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 5.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 1 buy, 4 hold and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock