The Chart of the Day is Sonoco Products (SON). I found the paper products stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the highest number of new highs during the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/10 the stock gained 18.81%.
Sonoco is one of the world's largest manufacturers of packaging materials for industrial and consumer markets. In addition, the company is one of the leading producers of recycled paperboard, utilizing more than a million tons of recovered paper annually in its papermaking operations. Sonoco products are used by many of the world's leading industries, including food processing, beverages, textiles, supermarkets, plastics, papermaking, pharmaceuticals, material converting, material handling, agriculture, personal care, health care and many others.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 15.94% in the last month
- Relative Strength index 84.97%
- Technical support level at 46.24
- Recently traded at 48.01 with a 50 day moving average of 41.38
- Market Cap $4.85 billion
- P/E 18.45
- Dividend yield 2.99%
- Revenue expected to grow .40% this year and another 1.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 7.20% this year, an additional 8.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 4.99% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 2 buy, 7 hold and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock