The Chart of the Day belongs to The Children's Place (PLCE). I found the children's clothing and accessory retailer by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the highest number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/8 the stock gained 39.52%.
The Children's Place Retail Stores, Inc. is a growing specialty retailer of apparel and accessories for children from newborn to twelve years of age. The company designs, sources and markets the products under the proprietary `The Children's Place` brand name for sale exclusively in the stores. The merchandising objective is to provide the customers with high-quality, fashionable products at prices that represent substantial value relative to the competitors.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 22.59% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 83.66%
- Technical support level at 68.44
- Recently traded at 76.43 with a 50 day moving average of 65.09
- Market Cap $1.55 billion
- P/E 20.44
- Dividend yield .87%
- Revenue expected to shrink 2.10% this year but increase again by .50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 15.70% this year, another 11.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 10.07% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 3 buy, 9 hold and 1 under perform report on this stock