The Chart of the Day is RLI Corp (RLI). I found the P&C insurance stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the highest number of new high in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of at least 80%. Next I reviewed the charts using the Flipchart feature. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/17 the stock gained 4.03%.
RLI Corp., through its subsidiaries RLI Insurance Company, Mt. Hawley Insurance Company, Underwriters Indemnity Company and Planet Indemnity Company, underwrites selected property and casualty insurance products. These include commercial property and inland marine, commercial general liability, commercial umbrella/excess liability, a variety of professional liability coverages, surety and fidelity bonds, personal insurance products in Hawaii, and other specialty coverages.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signals
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 5.59% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 63.21%
- Technical support level at 64.02
- Recently traded at 65.17 with a 50 day moving average of 61.97
- Market Cap $2.84 billion
- P/E 25.40
- Dividend yield 1.18%
- Revenue expected to grow 4.40% this year and another .50% next year
- Earnings estimated to shrink 9.50% this year and an additional 1.70% next year but increase overall at an annual rate of 9.80% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 7 hold recommendations on the stock