The Chart of the Day belongs to Middlesex Water Company (MSEX). I found the water utility stock by sorting Barchart All Time High list for the stock with the highest technical buy signals then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts.
Middlesex Water Company treats, stores and distributes water for residential, commercial, industrial and fire prevention purposes.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 6 new highs and up 10.25% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 72.85%
- Technical support level at 27.06%
- Recently traded at 29.24 with a 50 day moving average of 26.10
- Market Cap $457.52 million
- P/E 23.69
- Dividend yield 2.89%
- Earnings estimated to increase 2.70% annually for the next 5 years
- Only one Wall Street analysts follows and rates this stock a buy
- On Motley Fool the individual investors voted 56 to 8 that the stock will beat the market and the All Stars voted 17 to 4 for the same result