Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED) is the Chart of the Day. I found the electric utility stock by sorting the All Time High list first for the highest technical buy signals then I used the Flip Chart feature to review the charts.
Consolidated Edison, Inc. is one of the nation's largest investor-owned energy companies. The company provides a wide range of energy- related products and services to its customers through regulated utility subsidiaries and competitive energy and telecommunications businesses.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 11.42% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.31%
- Technical support level at 69.40
- Recently traded at 71.67 with a 50 day moving average of 65.10
- Market Cap $20.99 billion
- P/E 17.43
- Dividend yield 3.69%
- Revenue expected to be down .20% this year but up by 1.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 3.10% this year, an additional 1.20% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 2.95% for the next 5 year
- Wall Street analysts issued 12 hold 5 under perform and 1 sell recommendation on the stock