The Chart of the Day is Xylem (XYL). I found the pumping equipment stock by using Barchart to sort today's New High list of stock trading over 100K shares a day first for the highest technical buy signals then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/2 the stock gained 11.46%.
Xylem Inc. provides water technology solutions, water and wastewater treatment solutions and industrial pumps and related technologies. The company provides products for transportation, treatment, and testing applications to public utilities and industrial facilities. It offers a range of pumps, and valves, heat exchangers, waste systems, and membrane filtration products. Xylem Inc. is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 7.66% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.37%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 36.19
- Recently traded at 37.44 with a 50 day moving average of 34.60
- Market Cap $6.79 billion
- P/E 19.57
- Dividend yield 1.54%
- Revenue expected to grow 3.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 8.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 7.80% for the next 6 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 4 buy and 9 hold recommendations on the stock.